WAKATOBI Marine National Park / Pulau Kaledupa / Pulau Wangiwangi / Pulau Hoga
The public-transport way to Pulau Hoga involves quite a bit of island hopping: From Bau Bau (Pulau Buton) to Wanci (Pulau Wangiwangi), from there to Ambeua (Pulau Kaledupa) and from there to Pulau Hoga. It's possible to get to Pulau Kaledupa by speed boat from Pasarwajo (Buton's east coast), but most people prefer the slower (and safer) boat from Bau Bau. This leaves in the evening and takes 9..11h depending on weather conditions.
- Head to PELABUHAN MOLA before 10.30am when all passengers arrive from the airport
- Take public speed boat to Hoga or Tomia (to Hoga between 9am and 12pm and to Tomia between 9am and 10am)
- It is difficult to charter a boat from Wanci to Tomia without making any arrangement before
Wanci Accommodation (Mar-2008)
PATUNO RESORT – beautiful and luxury resort – visit: www.patunoresortwakatobi.com
Places of Interest on Pulau Wangi Wangi
- Pasar Sentral, the Wanci central market and also Pasar Malam (Night Market) – selling only food and great cakes and sweet treats/
- Wanci's main harbour, boats to Bau Bau depart here
- Taman Rekreasi Umum - A public picnic site about 8 km north of Wanci. Some dilapidated wooden structures, access to the sea, lots of rubbish there.
- Caves with freshwater springs inside
- to arrange the reservation call Wia on 085241628287 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geertjie organizes the diving knows the site well
- Walk around the Hoga island when low tide
- Take a day trip to Kaledupa and visit: Visit Bajo Sea Nomad village of Sama Bahari (Sampela) in Kaledupa, Visit Kaledyupa and see local vawers, Walk to the TOP of the HILL and see the village of Sampela, Snorkel in Sombano brackish water lake
- Day trip to Tomia Island? (2 hours by boat, from Kaledupa to Tomia = 1 hour)
PULAU KALEDUPA and the Ambeua Village
How to reach Kaledupa Island
DIRECTIONS on Kaledupa Island
1. Bird watching or with luck : Whale Watching
2. City tour : Kahyanga, Puncak Tomia, Tewali, Local Fish Market
3. Snorkeling : Table Coral Reef, Roma, Marimabuk, Waitii, Waha, Pulau Sawa
4. Visiting Bajo/Bajau village
5. Island Hopping : Nda’a, Pulau Sawa, Onemobaa
6. Beach Hopping : Runduma, Honduwei, Waha
- KM Wisata Indah 2, ONLY AVAILABLE every Friday night.***
- KM Wisata Indah 1, ONLY AVAILABLE every Wednesday night.**
- KM Azam Raya 1, ONLY AVAILABLE every Monday night.**
- KM Permai, ONLY AVAILABLE every Tuesday night.**
- KM Wahyu Samudra, ONLY AVAILABLE every Sunday night.*
- Tomia – Wangi-wangi : chartered boat | price : IDR 2.000.000 – IDR 8.000.000 | from directly Tomia to Wanci(Wangi-Wangi) only you and your group on the boat (private).
I HAVE NOT TRAVELLED AROUND TOMIA ISLAND. THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN COLLECTED THROUGH A NUMBER OF WEBSITES, AGENTS AND TOUR OPERATORS WHICH I CONTACTED. FOR THIS REASON I CANNOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS SECTION ABOUT TOMIA.